I just finished reading Neal Stephenson’s Seveneves. Like many of his books, it is big, almost 900 pages. Though long, it moves fast. The story begins with the destruction of the moon. It is soon realized that the debris from the moon will begin to slam into the earth, destroying everything on the surface. With less than two years to survive, the human race does everything it can to try and establish a way to survive in space. It will be thousands of years before anyone will be able to return to the surface.
Interesting characters, great action sequences, science that seems to be based on reality, Seveneves is definitely a nominee for my Book of the Year. Highly recommended.
Latest posts by Thomas McNamara (see all)
- The 2016 Book of the Year Honors! - January 1, 2017
- New YouTube Video: Premiere Pro CC – Razor Tool Not Cutting Video and its Audio Track at Same Time - November 17, 2016
- Video on How I Organize all the Screws When Taking Apart My Dell Inspiron 15 7537 - November 5, 2016
- Securing Cabinet Drawers With Window Latches (Special Appearance by My Cat Luna) - September 25, 2016
- How I Setup my Wacom Intuos Pro Small - March 28, 2016