Last week I had some issues with my site. Since it was going to take a great deal of work to get it restored and configured correctly again, I decided to use this as an opportunity to change hosting services.
I had been on Earthlink. I had some issues, such as their version of WordPress not being the most current. Also, no matter what I tried, I could not upgrade to the latest version.
I also had issues with certain Plugins I wanted to use. Some I could not install, others could not update. It appeared that though ThomasMcNamara.com was my site, and I was paying for the files on that site, I did not have access to all the WordPress folders and files. This was very frustrating.
Today I changed to BlueHost. I am still in the process of configuring the site, such as adding Plugins, deciding what widgets to use and so on, but it is going great. For example, there was a Plugin that needed to be updated and I was able to update automatically. And it actually worked.
Once I have the framework of the site set I am going to put up some of my previous posts, including my reading list page. Then my plan is to post at minimum once a week. I have a list of things I want to post about, so it may be more than once a week, but we will see how it goes. Though I plan to be much more active on the site, my writing priority is on some scripts and a novel I am working on.
Latest posts by Thomas McNamara (see all)
- The 2016 Book of the Year Honors! - January 1, 2017
- New YouTube Video: Premiere Pro CC – Razor Tool Not Cutting Video and its Audio Track at Same Time - November 17, 2016
- Video on How I Organize all the Screws When Taking Apart My Dell Inspiron 15 7537 - November 5, 2016
- Securing Cabinet Drawers With Window Latches (Special Appearance by My Cat Luna) - September 25, 2016
- How I Setup my Wacom Intuos Pro Small - March 28, 2016